I have to take a few minutes and share some thoughts about this experience that I feel compelled to make mention of. There have been some pretty special moments for Kelly and I (and our family) throughout the time leading up to this surgery.....even until now. I can't say enough about the quality of the University Hospital. The doctors, staff, facilities, and overall care are nothing less than first-class. I feel blessed to live in a time, and a place, where such care can be provided. Second, what a comfort it has been to have the Gospel in our lives. We have sought the counsel and guidance of our Heavenly Father often - and know that He has listened to our prayers....every one of them.
I know it is cliche to say that life is all about family and friends, but my heart is full of love from the support we have received from our family and friends. I know that Kelly is loved by many, but I have still yet been surprised by the overwhelming outpouring of support that has been offered to Kelly, myself, and our three beautiful children. We had phone calls of support even up to late Wednesday evening from neighbors, brothers, sisters, and ward members. I received phone calls, emails, and text messages all day Thursday from Kelly's dear friends at Antelope Elementary, from all over the country from my dear Glantz family, from every one of my siblings....Lance, Lacy, Landen, Lindsey, and Loni (and their respective families). I had messages and visits from my dear cycling brothers (and their spouses)!! Comfort from my mother and father. I can truly say that I am blessed to know and associate with so many loving people!!
Friday evening.....Kelly had improved enough to be moved from the NICU to the NACU. This was basically a step -down from the ICU care she was receiving immediately following her surgery. Kel was still in a lot of pain....but she was sleeping better and the doc's felt she was ready to move!!
Many have asked about Kelly's scars....many wanting to see the wounds she bears. So I did snap a few pics on Friday to share. They are posted below for all you sick and twisted people to see!! :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment