Saturday and Sunday for Kelly pretty much consisted of taking her Lortab, Valium, and Morphine to try and control the pain - and sleeping as much as she could. She had wonderful meals from the hospital nutrition staff - which she could not muster the appetite or energy to eat yet. She was drinking on her own mostly, with just a little help from IV fluids. Her beverage of choice following her surgery was Apple Juice, which she drank as often as she could. We stayed in scenic room 3121 of the NACU during these days. I spent most of my days helping Kelly shift from hip to hip on her bed - which caused her much pain to do, and watching TV as I dosed in and out of sleep myself. When I wasn't doing one or the other - I was relishing the hospital cafeteria (which was surprisingly quite good). Thank goodness the cafeteria had a Diet Coke fountain....but no free refills. I think I spent a couple hundred bones on drinks alone!!
At home, Sally was taking care of the kids on Saturday. Lindsey filled in and coached Max's last soccer game for me (thanks again little sis - i owe you)! And Saturday night, the kids spent the night at Grandpa and Grandma Roundy's house so they could go to church on Sunday morning with them (thanks mom and dad)!!
Sunday was a quiet day at the Hospy. The halls seemed empty, the hustle and bustle down stairs was non existent. But we had a knock at the door from a young couple who asked if we would like to have the sacrament blessed and provided for us. What a sweet moment it was to have this service brought to Kelly's room for us personally.
We had visitors on Friday, Saturday and Sunday: Lindsey Wright, Landen & Caitlyn Roundy, Loni Roundy, Todd and Lisa Handy, Mike & Pam Petroff, Dave Thal and John Combe, Robin & Mary Marble. All stopped by to wish their best to Kelly. Kelly felt bad that she was not able to visit much at all with those who stopped - but I want you all to know it meant MUCH for you to come down and poke your heads in!! Kelly knew that each of you were there!
I also want to thank Melanie Fairchild, Sherry Liegert, and Andrea Paxman. These three ladies were keeping all of Kelly's sweet friends at Antelope appraised of her surgery on Thursday. Ashlee was at school that day - and was calling me at all her recesses and breaks to get an update on mom. By the afternoon, when Kelly was not out of surgery, I could tell that Ashlee was getting stressed. Finally, about 3pm she called me - and just broke down. Ash lost it, Dad lost it - we just bawled with one another for a minute over the phone. We found out that Kel was okay about ten minutes after Ash and I spoke - and I called Sherry with the news. Sherry went down to Ashlee's classroom, pulled her out, gave her a hug, and said that her mom was okay. I am indebted to you Sherry for looking after my little Ashlee like that! :-)
Alyssa...bless her heart - called me during the day also from her school. She is such a strong girl, and she kept my spirits up each time we spoke on the phone. She is a leader....a true leader who will do great things throughout her life!! I love all three of my kids above all else....Aly, Ash & Max!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to read that you are improving! Thanks for the updates Loren. Nice pics... :)
ReplyDelete